Saturday, September 1, 2012

Journey and Pathology To Date

First, a mammogram has saved my life.

My annual mammo on 8/8/12 was compared to my 2011 mammo and a change in my right breast was detected.

On 8/22/12, a surgical biopsy was performed with needle localization.

Pathology:

There was a 1cmX1cmX1cm invasive cancerous tumor.

The remaining tissue contained comedonecrotic pre-cancer, a very aggressive form.

Surgical Recommendation:

The surgeon is recommending unilateral mastectomy.

Next Step:

I need to meet with an oncologist and a plastic surgeon.  I am also going to talk to a second surgeon.  I was given a two week timeline so I should have more info by the end of next week.

Emotional Status:

Ok.  I'm tired of talking about it and tired of researching it.  The upside is I have sisters everywhere I look.  And for once, I understand some of the signs God has sent.

For all those offering to help, be careful what you ask for.  For the next week I'm requesting gut-busting, pee-in-my-pants belly laughs.  There will be plenty of time for more serious requests.

Thank you for the love and the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment