Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 2012


Angels Among Us

I want to send a special thank you to KIM FLETCHER who essentially took my place on Race Day and in the preceding days with less than coherent instruction and guidance.  She did a great job and I had fun!!

And to the other angels who helped Kim and I pull it off - Eddie, Kris, Kerry and Patricia - thank you!!

Let the Fun Begin

I've been called a social being.  Its true.  I visited the booths, took pictures with other committee members, and said hello to anyone I knew.  I saw my nurse and signed their painting.  I showed my radiologist tech my new do - with and without my pink locks.  I made Hatcher cry but I swear I didn't mean to - my appearance just shocked her.

I almost missed the start of the Survivor Parade but I was able to wiggle in and found Charyce and Grace and other Young SOS members.  Some wanted to cry but I refused.  This was a celebration.  We are the lucky ones.  We are the ones who must celebrate for those who can't.

Once seated, the strangest and most wonderful thing happened.  A young man came up and hugged me from behind.  He kissed my bald head and said I looked beautiful.  And as he ran away, he said keep up the fight.  You gotta love it!!

Giddy as a child, I got up and went looking for trouble.  I found Ken, Norman, Richard, Charley, Jody Jo, DeLaine and Rudy and I'm sure many more.  The smile on my face was permanent.  It was a great day!


Crazy Looks Fabulous!
DeLaine and Lisa


 




Charyce - Best Advice - Get Over It
 
Josh and Eddie



Team Alien
Rudy - King of the Fat Bottom Girls


KISS Country's Jody Jo and Gnarley Charley


 

Teeny Tiny Mao with the Heart of a Giant

 
Race Committee 2012
 

1 comment:

  1. So some stranger came up behind you and sexually molested you before fleeing into the crowd. Sounds like a good first date.

    - Mark "Tipop" Williams

    ReplyDelete